Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 20, 2014

WORKIN FOR A LIVIN

Our Snoopy has become an equal opportunity lap cat.

It's been a couple of months since I submitted an application with the Tucson La Mesa RV dealership, to be one of their part time drivers.  Yesterday, I kept a 1pm appointment, to take a driving test, then I accepted their offer of employment.  I still have to be drug tested, before doing a two week orientation, when they have new drivers shadow another driver.   Then, after getting familiar with their operation, I'll be put on the schedule, to work an average of one day a week.  When they have big moves, like an RV show, they call in most of their drivers to shuttle the rigs from point A to B. 

Not that I have a lack of things to do, but, this will give me an alternative activity, and provide me with an opportunity to drive a variety of motor homes.   Returning to punching a time clock wasn't exactly on my radar, but, I think it will be something that I'll enjoy.  Having the flexibility to take off in our motor home, with just a notice to La Mesa that I won't be available, makes this part time gig even more attractive.

Marc, Chandra, and Laila came out for a smoked pork loin dinner last night, and with all of the other stuff that Patty and Diana fixed, nobody was left hungry.  The carrot cake was to die for!  Unfortunately, I overcooked the pork, and even though it was tasty, it was too dried out.   The biggest problem yesterday, was I had to take the meat out of the smoker before it was done, then I later tried to finish cooking it in the oven, where it lost much of it's moistness.  Next time, it will get finished in the smoker, then go right to the table.

While the kids were here, Marc set me up with a fantasy NASCAR league, that he and his brother Mike are participants.  Thanks Marc for doing the computer time, and thanks Mike for paying Dad's $25 entry fee.  After one NHRA Drag Race, the old man is already leading the kids in that fantasy league.  Game on boys!!


No comments:

Post a Comment