Total Pageviews

Friday, February 7, 2014

TRACTOR PORT - DAY 2


By noonish, I had the last of the four 2"x6"x12' boards secured to the edge of the garage roof.  Actually, the last board was 12 feet, 10 inches, for a total length of almost 49 feet.  What looks like it might be a simple, quick process, is anything but.  With 2 people, and 2 ladders, the job would indeed be much quicker, but even with the tractor to temporarily support one end of the board, there's lots of moving the ladder back and forth.   My legs and arms are feeling it this morning!


When I moved over to the wall, and started putting up the 4"x6" support posts, I discovered that I needed a longer 4x6 to sit on top of the posts.  The 10 footer that I thought was long enough, was just a few inches short, so I had to stop work, and make a 40 mile round trip to Home Depot for a longer 12 footer.  Lowes only had them in 10 foot lengths, but Home Depot had them up to 14 feet in length.

I think I have all of the lumber I need to put up the support structure on top of the wall, and span the distance between the garage and the wall.  When that's all done, the roof plywood, and shingles will finish the job.

Today is the day we're expecting a phone call from Coast to Coast Carports, to either confirm, or cancel tomorrows scheduled appointment.   The delivery, and construction of the building was postponed from last weekend, and I will be pleasantly surprised if tomorrow's appointment is confirmed.  If, and that's a big IF, the building shows up tomorrow, the tractor port project will probably go on hold for a few days, while I do a few things on the new building.  Lets see, what will I be working on tomorrow?  If you're an odds player, you'll probably be safe in picking the tractor port.  Stay tuned..............   


No comments:

Post a Comment