Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 2, 2014

COVERING THE DIRT


Spreading the driveway gravel/crushed concrete was the chore yesterday, with the goal of covering the area where the impossible RV shade cover will maybe someday be standing.  Even though the tractor makes this job of moving tons of material a lot easier, there's still a lot of time required with a shovel and landscape rake.  By mid afternoon, the job was done, with an average of about 2 inches of rock covering the dirt.  As I gradually cover all of the bare ground with gravel, the wind won't be kicking up nearly as much dust.



The 22 ton pile is now about half gone, and there's still lots of ground to be covered.  I think the rest of the rock will cover the area next to the garage, where I already have a foundation wall built.  At some point not too far down the road, I'll be building a garage roof extension that will be anchored to the wall.   Instead of a carport, I'm calling this project "the tractor port", and NO, there will be no contractors involved.  I'm about up to here with reliance on other folks to either fulfill promises, or give me permission to improve my property.
 

Our kitty is not too happy about having to wear this contraption around her neck, but she' making the adjustment.  Yesterday morning, she jumped up to her morning snooze spot on Patty's lap, and even though she keeps bumping into stuff with the cone, it's keeping her from disturbing the incision area on her tummy.   About mid morning, Patty said "you've got to see this", calling me into the guest bedroom.  Snoopy had jumped up on the sewing desk and had positioned her head directly in front of the desk lamp.  I guess the heat from the light felt good, and the brightness didn't seem to bother her.

"Don't bother me, I'm just working on my cat tan"!

No comments:

Post a Comment