Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 9, 2014

TRACTOR PORT - DAY 4



Reinforcements arrived at the ranch yesterday morning, to help with this latest construction project.  While Laila & Grandma were busy with girl stuff, Marc helped me finish setting the rest of the posts and beams, in addition to adding 13 more roof joists.   The last 4" x 6" beam was just a few inches short, so today, I'll probably get a longer 12 footer, which will allow me to finish putting up the last seven 4" x 6" x 14' roof boards.  When that's done, it'll be time for about 20 sheets of 1/2" plywood. 



It was about 4:30 when we quit for the day, and with Marc's help, I got a lot more accomplished than I would have by myself.  Thanks buddy, especially for the save, when I lost my footing on the ladder!  With a trip into town later, to pick up the longer beam, and a few other errands to run, I doubt if I'll be drilling many screws today.  By Wednesday, the new rescheduled date for the RV shade cover to arrive and be built, the tractor port should be getting close to being finished.

 "OK, where's the keys Grandpa"?

 This hand drill might be an antique, but someone found a use for it.


When completed, there will be enough room for the two trailers, and the tractor to be parked out of the sun.   


No comments:

Post a Comment