Total Pageviews

Monday, February 17, 2014

TRACTOR PORT - DAY 9


In some ways, I'm sort of a pack rat, and in other ways, I like to keep things organized, rather than having to sort through piles of stuff.  When the garage was finished, instead of hauling away the scrap lumber & siding, I kept most of it behind the garage, stacked neatly of course.  So far, I've used some of the scrap lumber for concrete forms, Quartzsite firewood, and yesterday, I got out my table saw, and cut enough of the extra siding to finish the fascia board at the bottom of the roof.


First, I had to trim the ends of the 26 roof joists, then put up the newly cut fascia siding.  When that was done, I finished the metal drip edging, before starting to nail down the asphalt roof shingles.   During my last trip to Lowes, I purchased 20 bundles of shingles, enough to cover 700 square feet, a little more area than this new 14' x 48' roof.    When you have a nail, or staple gun, laying down shingles goes pretty fast.  When you're pounding roofing nails one at a time, it's a very slow process.  Nevertheless, I layed down 3 bundles worth of shingles, before calling it a day.




So, what does the opened gate have to do with my tractor port project you say?    Early yesterday morning, I opened both sides of the gate, anticipating the arrival of a large truck, or trailer, loaded with the RV shade cover building.  To make a short story long, the only vehicle that passed through the gate yesterday was Patty's Jeep, as she was going to, and coming from the grocery store.  Yep, I was way too optimistic in my comment yesterday, because Coast to Coast Carports was a no show, and not even a phone call.  Can you believe it!!   How in the world does any type of business keep their doors open with service like this?  This was the last straw.  There will be no more rescheduling, and no more empty promises.  Unless they're here today, with a reasonable explanation why they didn't show up yesterday, I'm done.  You can bet the phone line will be burning up between here, and Arkansas, as soon as they open for business at 8am our time.    Stay tuned.................

No comments:

Post a Comment