Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 27, 2014

NEW ELECTRIC & WATER


The idea of placing a 50 amp electrical plug, and a new water faucet near the left side of the motor home, began well before I did the two concrete footings for the metal building.  The one inch electrical conduit, and the half inch water line have been buried for several months, and now that the new building is standing, it was time to install the new plug, and the new faucet.


I removed the old 50 amp plug near the electrical panel, and when I had the new wires pulled through the conduit, I started connecting them on both ends.  Once the wires were connected to the breaker, and to the new plug,  I then had the new motor home electrical service right next to where the cord comes out of the RV.

 The old 50 amp plug is now gone, with the smaller pipe on the right, leading down, and over to the new plug.


I extended the water line about 15 feet from near where the new electric plug is located, to be closer to the city water connection on the motor home.  Routing the PVC pipe up to where the new faucet is located only took a few minutes, and with the pipe secured to one of the building support posts, it was ready for use.  After these pictures, I added a bracket for the hose to be coiled around, and this project went into the history books.


It's been over a week since the Coast to Coast installation crew left, not completing the construction due to a missing panel, and not having the right equipment to install all of the concrete anchors.  When they left, I was told that they would be returning to finish the job within a week, but I should have known that wasn't going to happen.  I did receive one phone call from Arkansas, asking how the installation went, at which time I reminded them of the missing panel, and informed them that the building wasn't anchored properly.   An email day before yesterday has so far been unanswered.  I'm going to call them this morning, and give them about another week before I drill the new anchor holes myself, and give them a bill for my labor, the use of my tractor, my two ladders, and my drill that they used to install less than half of the anchors.   Thank goodness the quality of the building is good, because  Coast to Coast's service is anything but.  The longer this drags on, the cheaper this building is becoming, and even though I don't like any debt hanging over my head, I'm actually looking forward to the battle that looms on the horizon, regarding final payment.    

1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good. You should have no problem getting the power you need from that outlet!

    Cheers,

    Nick

    ReplyDelete