Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

TRACTOR PORT - DAY 7


It's been a week, since I started building this roof extension over the south side of the garage.  If I combined the total hours spent on this project, it would probably add up to about 3 days.  But, with no time clock to punch, I usually don't get started until late morning, and by early to late afternoon, I'm done for the day.

I finished the plywood yesterday, coming up one sheet short.  Instead of extending the roof over the beam just one foot, I decided to add two feet, and that's the reason the plywood didn't go as far.  The extra foot will provide a little bit more shade, and extend the drip line farther away from the wall. 
 
 The tractor almost has a new home.

 At the upper right of the picture is where I need one more sheet of plywood.

 Problem

Since I rarely wear long pants, and am often on my knees, the skin is subject to a lot of wear and tear.   While drilling countless screws into the plywood, a blister developed on my left knee.  Instead of strapping on my knee pads, I got the not so bright idea of using duct tape.  Well, it worked pretty good, until it was time to remove the tape.  As most everyone knows, this stuff sticks to just about anything, including skin.  In addition to removing the tape, I also removed the loose skin, and a bunch of hair!  Ouch!  When I start nailing down the roofing material, later today, or tomorrow, I think I'll take the time to dig out the knee pads.

Solution, sort of.
 
Ok, any guesses on whether Coast to Coast Carports is going to show up today, for their latest rescheduled appointment to deliver and install the metal building?  The call came in yesterday morning, and it's probably a good thing that once again, Patty answered the phone.  If your guess was NO, you would be the grand prize winner!  I'm not even sure what the latest, lame excuse was, but, if there's any silver lining, they offered to again reduce the price.  The 4th rescheduling is now set for this weekend, and with other stuff to keep me busy, I guess it doesn't really matter that much, especially when they keep dropping the price.   Perhaps when the building does finally get put up, and it's time to write the check, I'll just tell them - "Oh gosh, my pen just ran out of ink, and I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to reschedule my payment"!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Several years ago, we were having bad weather here in St. Louis and a friend of mine received and estimated bill from the electric company. She did not agree with the bill, so she sent them an estimated check. They were not happy. This might be a plan, they may have a spare ink pen.

    Please be careful on the road.
    Rex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez Dan, you could have left that picture out!! Gives me the chills!! Now you HAVE to hang in there to see just how cheap the shade cover will be!!!

    ReplyDelete