Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 1, 2014

SURGERY & 22 TONS

 


Yesterday was the scheduled appointment for our Snoopy cat's hernia surgery.  Yep, cats are susceptible to hernias, just like humans.  For several weeks, we've noticed a small bump on her tummy, and now it's gone, with the hernia repaired.  The collar is a common preventative measure, used on cats and dogs, to keep them from licking and/or damaging the incision area.  We're supposed to keep this collar on for 2 weeks, at which time she'll go back to the Vet, for the staples to be removed.  I'm not sure who's the most traumatized, the cat, or it's mother!

 Not a happy camper!


Anticipating the delivery, and installation of the metal building, I had 22 tons of crushed concrete delivered, which I'll spread under the shade cover, and on part of the driveway.  I started that process yesterday, getting about half of the 18x45 area covered, and leveled.  Today, I'll finish the job, and move the motor home to it's parking space, that maybe someday will include a structure with a roof. 



I spoke with a supervisor at Coast to Coast Carports yesterday, and re-emphasized my desire to cancel the order, unless they can reschedule in the near future, and discount the agreed upon price.  Even though I was told that my deposit was refundable, the fine print in the contract states otherwise. So, we're kind of over a barrel as they say.  If I follow through with the cancellation, the monetary loss will be about $700, and I'll have to start the process from scratch with another company.  We'll see what they have to say early next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment