Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WOOD AND WIRE


Those were the two things I played with yesterday.   The day started with putting more wooden boards up on the south wall of the tractor port.  There are 5 sections between the support posts, a total length of almost 50 feet, and I had enough of the boards to finish 4 of them.  The fifth is framed up, and ready for about 20 more boards.  Then, the only thing left to do, will be to paint the new structure.




I thought about leaving this south exposure open, until I saw how much sunshine made it's way into the parking area.  During the summer months, when the sun is higher in the sky, it wouldn't be quite as bad, but now, the area will be shaded for the entire year.  When I fence in the area between the driveway gate and the garage, it will be this same wooden style, and the two will blend nicely together.




When I ran out of boards, I switched from my carpenter hat, to my electrician hat, and started the process of moving the 50 amp electrical plug.  It's current location is pretty close to the new RV shade cover, but on the wrong side of the motor home.  Several months ago, I dug a trench, and buried the electrical conduit, and a new water line, that runs from near the house, over to the the left side of the RV shade cover. 


The first step was to unravel the 4 wires, stretching them out on the front patio, so that it would be easier to pull them through the new pipe.  I then put the fish tape through the pipe from where the new plug will be, and connected the tape to one end of the 4 wires.  Pulling the wires under the motor home, over to the left side was quick and easy.


It's almost inevitable, that even though you think you have all of the parts and pieces for a project, once you get into it, there's always something missing.  That was the case yesterday, and a quick trip to the hardware store got me the missing pieces to the puzzle.  I was in such a hurry, that I drove off without my wallet, not realizing that I had left it behind until I pulled into the hardware store parking lot.  Now what?  Do I turn around, driving 10 miles back to the house for my wallet, or, do I go in the store and plead stupidity, hoping for a solution that doesn't require a 20 mile round trip to retrieve my cash and credit cards. 
 

I did the later, and the folks at ACE Hardware allowed me to get what I needed, stating "just pay for what you get next time you're here".   If they had the selection, and the prices of the two big boy home improvement stores, I would certainly spend my dollars with the local guys.  Their slogan "Ace is the place of the helpful hardware folks" is indeed very true at my local store.

No comments:

Post a Comment