Total Pageviews

Monday, February 10, 2014

TRACTOR PORT - DAY 5


We made a quick trip into town yesterday morning, with the first stop at Costco, to pick up Patty's new glasses.  While she was getting them adjusted, I wandered the aisles, finding a bunch of stuff that I didn't know I needed.  Has anyone ever left Costco without dropping at least a C note?  For us it's usually a lot more than that!  Next stop was Home Depot, where they had a better selection of plywood than Lowes.  I picked up one more 4" x 6" beam, and 20 sheets of plywood sheathing to cover the new parking area.  From Home Depot it was back to the ranch.


By the time I strapped on my work belt, it was early afternoon, and my goal was to finish putting up the roof joists.  First, I changed the last beam, to the newer, longer one, then seven more boards put me at the back of the garage, and this part of the construction was done.   The next phase is to start attaching the 4' x 8' sheets of 1/2" plywood to the top, and with that task, my never ending battle to calm the "way up there" fears will once again begin.  Yea, I know, it's only 10-12 feet off the ground, but we are what we are.  I've learned that the best way to face this personal monster, is to just tackle it head on.  That doesn't mean I'm going to go and stand at the edge of the Grand Canyon!

 
Twenty sheets of plywood fit perfectly inside the trailer.
 
If I've done my math correctly, 20 sheets of 4' x 8' plywood should be enough to cover the 12' x 48' area.  Besides this old body, my little trailer has been the real work horse with this, and other projects.  I can't remember what I payed for this 5' x 8' trailer way back when, but it's probably been the best investment in a wheeled vehicle that I've ever made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment