Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 20, 2012

FRONT PATIO IS COVERED


From 9am to sundown, Mike, the owner of Creative Aluminum, and his helper Anthony, worked almost nonstop, finishing the front patio cover, and fixing the back cover.  The end result was an excellent job, and based on price, and quality of work, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mike to anyone considering this type of job.  I'll take some photos of the finished product today.


We had a little bit of cold wind yesterday morning, and there was some concern with the initial framing, but it turned not to be an issue.  This type of awning is very common on manufactured homes, but the one difference with the way Mike does it, and all the others, is that he puts a large facia piece on the front, then paints it to match the trim of the house.  This one step adds a bunch to the overall appearance of the structure.


 
I tried to stay out of the way, spending most of the day in the garage, and made another pretty good dent in the emptying of boxes.  I have 21' of shelving up, and another 12' to go.  First, I need some more insulation, and sheet rock to finish the south wall. 


Today is a shopping day, with a run to Home Depot for more supplies, including some tall cabinets for stuff that can't go on the shelves.  When I get all of the walls sheet rocked, then I can concentrate on my work bench area, and get all of my tools and equipment organized.  One step at a time.



Now that the front of the house is shaded from most of the afternoon sun, the weather has turned cold.  It got down to the freezing threshold last night, but the days are still mostly sunny, with temps in the 60's.  The winter weather here in Tucson is comparable to Lake Havasu, and there are many days where it's a little bit warmer.  This morning, I could use a little bit warmer!


No comments:

Post a Comment