Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 14, 2013

IT WORKS!


When one puts something together from scratch, there's always the lingering question - will it work?  With that question bouncing around in my head for the last few days,  I located the receiver antenna on top of the post next to the solar panel, and wired it to the electronic control arm.  The next wiring job was to connect the solar panel to the control arm, and the final bit of wiring was to connect the battery to the control arm.  When all of that was done, I hit the remote, and nothing happened.  What the?   Then I remembered that there is an on/off switch on the control arm that I hadn't turned on.  Once the switch was turned on, the remote opened and closed the 10' gate just like magic. 

 The solar panel and the wireless receiver antenna.


When I knew that the gate worked, I adjusted the electronic stops for the open & closed positions, and added the closed stop plate pictured above.  About the time I finished fine tuning everything, Marc & Laila came by for a visit.  Marc brought me a battery box that came out of his boat, the final part that I needed.  We spent the afternoon visiting, and playing with his remote control Jeep.  Actually, I think Laila had the most time with the controls, and she's gotten pretty good at maneuvering the 4 wheel drive toy around the property.


After Marc & Laila left, I started to program the two key pads, but ran into a glitch that I'll figure out this morning.  One good thing that I did discover is that the remote activates the gate from inside the house.  I didn't think it would work from that far away, but it does, at least it did yesterday.  


This morning I'm going to carefully dig the two holes for the keypad posts, cement them in the ground, and once they're in place, the gate project will pretty much be done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment