Total Pageviews

Friday, April 26, 2013

AWAY WE GO


Wouldn't you know it, the day before we leave, as I'm chewing on some food, I feel this loose thing that shouldn't be floating around in my mouth.  Yep, it's one of my gold crowns that came off for the second time.  The last time was a couple of years ago, when we were working at the Grand Canyon.  I had a dentist in Flagstaff re-cement the thing on, and it's stayed in place until yesterday.  With my history of dental problems, I keep an emergency dental "glue kit" on hand for just this type of thing.
This dental fix it kit is a lot better than super glue, which I've been know to use in the past.  When you mix the two ingredients together, the paste becomes a dental super glue on steroids, that with any luck, will last another couple of years.  Perhaps I can now add "dental assistant" to my resume!

We took Marc & Laila out to dinner last night, Chandra is in CA taking care of some landlord issues with their rental property in Monterey.  It's the last opportunity we had to see Marc & Laila, and "see ya later" is always a bitter sweet kind of thing.  We'll miss our family, but look forward to new adventures on the road.  Our departure this morning will be the start of an approx. 10,000 mile trip, that will take us to Alaska, and back.  Much of the scenery will be familiar, but I have some side trips, and a few new roads in mind, that will expose us to new landscapes.  We'll take two days for the 766 mile trip to Nancy's place in Atwater, CA., stopping somewhere tonight in the Southern CA high desert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment