Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 13, 2013

ALMOST THERE


I needed a 12 volt, deep cycle, marine battery for the gate opener, and we needed some groceries, so a trip into town was in order.  A first stop at Costco, then I picked up a battery at Wally World, and we were back at the ranch in the early afternoon.


With the concrete  dry in the middle of the driveway, I lined up the gate lock with the hole, and mounted it on the short side of the gate that will stay closed most of the time. Then, I mounted the solar panel on the gate post.  The last thing I got done was the adjustment, and mounting of the automatic opener.  By the time I finished with those things, it was 5pm, and time to quit for the day.


Today, I hope to get everything wired, and have a functional gate with opener.  The last thing to get done will be to set the two posts in the ground, one on each side of the gate for the wireless keypads.
According to the instructions, the keypads are supposed to be within 50' of the gate, and one of them needs to go right near the water line that I destroyed the other day.  I think I'll be digging a little more carefully when I set that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment