Total Pageviews

Friday, April 5, 2013

A DOGS PRAYER

First, thanks to all who commented and/or called with condolence's, regarding the passing of our dog.  Your thoughts, and words are very much appreciated.  For folks like Patty and I, who are not ashamed to say, that we are animal lovers, the loss of a family pet is gut wrenching.  We raised Sami from a tiny puppy, to an age that was beyond the normal life span of a Beagle.  She had the best of everything, and traveled with us in our motor home all over the country.  How many dogs have the distinction of visiting 49 or our 50 states?  If Sami had the ability to say a prayer, it might go something like this.......................

     Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than mine.

     Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

      I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting by your side.  If you had no home, I would follow you through ice and snow, instead of resting on the softest pillow, in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god, and I your devoted worshiper.

     Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should never reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.  Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play, and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing, and able to protect you with my life, should you be in danger.

     And, beloved master, when I can no longer enjoy good health, do not turn me away from you.  Rather, hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest.  I will leave you knowing with the last breath that I draw, my fate was ever safest in you hands.

I'm spending the next few days on the Harley, a place where I have the ability to escape some of life's realities, and a place where the freedom of the open road will do more to mend a broken heart, than just about anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment