Total Pageviews

Monday, April 29, 2013

FANTASY DRAG RACING

When Sunday rolls around, you can usually find me in front of the tube, at least for a couple of hours.  I don't watch NASCAR every weekend, but when the NHRA is drag racing, as they were in Houston yesterday, I'll be glued to the action.  My two boys (Mike & Marc) and I, are into our second year of a fantasy drag racing league.  I had never done any kind of fantasy sports until last year, when Mike was doing a stint in Afghanistan, he created a fantasy drag racing league to help pass the time.  Marc & I joined, and when the dust had settled at the end of the season, Marc won, I came in second, and Mike was third. 

Currently, I'm third, but gained a bunch yesterday, when I beat the boys by about 100 points.  The rules are pretty simple, nothing much more than picking the drivers you think will win their respective class, and who will come in second.  This coming weekend, the NHRA traveling road show will be in Atlanta.

Before the racing started yesterday, I spent several hours wiping down the motor home.  Just before leaving Tucson, I made the mistake of taking the rig to a truck wash.  Even though that got all of the dirt off, the end result was water spots everywhere!  So, it was back to my tried and true method of bucket washing, which not only gets the dust and dirt off, it doesn't leave any spotting after I use a towel to dry the surface. 

The next 3 days will be busy ones, as we catch up with family and friends.  Today we're off to Modesto to see Bruce & Karen Pryor, then later, our former business partners, Art & Linda Mitchell.

1 comment:

  1. Heres a truckers trick don,t sit as soon as you come out of the wash get on the freeway and do 60 that blows the water off
    Or if you can't use your leaf blower your MH has 110 and you can blow the leaves out of your camp site. As well Tar dar
    Remember aim the blower to the west Our eastside breeze is fine now thank you

    ReplyDelete