Total Pageviews

Monday, April 22, 2013

INDECISION

Before taking Laila home, we went into town to see if we could find a couple of things in the way of clothes for our little girl.  She's starting to grow like a weed, and her well used flip flops were a bit on the short side.  At Wally World, there was an entire aisle of flip flops and sandals.  You would think that out of all that footwear to choose from, someone could make a decision.  If you guessed yes, you would be as wrong as I was.  At some point, the focus moved to tennis shoes, and there was an even bigger selection of the canvas shoes.  Laila tried on several pair, and they were either too tight, too loose, or just not the right ones.  While Grandma was displaying an incredible amount of patience, I wandered over to the men's section and picked up some socks.  When I returned, the decision making process hadn't advanced beyond where it was a few minutes earlier.

When it comes to shopping, patience is not one of my virtues.  Whether it's groceries, or anything else, I can fill a cart faster than it takes a top fuel dragster to cover 1,000 feet!  I finally grabbed a pair of flip flops that I liked, threw them in the cart, and away we went to the clothing section.  I should have realized that a repeat of the same scenario might just be a real possibility..  Sure enough, even though Laila picked out a skirt that she liked, and I quickly threw it in the cart before a change of mind could occur, finding a top to match, was another exercise in patience.  Finally, after spending what seemed like hours in the dressing room, while this future fashion model tried on all of the different tops, and some shorts, we finally emerged with two items that were keepers.  Like Chandra later opined, " Unless I'm really feeling patient, I just pick out her clothes", which is what we probably will do in the future, unless of course, we've been blessed with an extra dose of patience.

1 comment:

  1. Gee, I don't see a problem with that at all ... shopping for clothes is SUPPOSED to be an adventure!!! I always need at least three hours!!!!!

    ReplyDelete