Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WILEY COYOTE

 Very poor image of a coyote, just outside the motor home.

On some nights, the howling of the coyotes is so close, it seems that they are right outside the house.  We've all heard Mr. Wiley Coyote barking off in the distance, but I'm talking about hearing them just a few feet away, probably down in one of the two washes that are on our property.   Yesterday morning, just before the sun came up, while sitting at the table in front of the computer, I watched Wiley walk about 15 feet away from the motor home.  I quickly grabbed the camera, and took the picture through the window, but due to it still being mostly dark, the image is not very good.  Wiley's buddy came along right behind him, but the second picture was even worse.  The two coyotes were only in view for a few seconds, then they disappeared off into the desert toward the railroad tracks.


One of my errands yesterday was to pick up the new tractor seat bottom that I had ordered from the Kubota Dealer.  As you can see, the old one was in pretty bad shape, and the new one is shown below. 

Still no building permit, but the paperwork has been submitted to the county.  With any luck, it should be issued by the end of this week.   I had the concrete contractor rebid the smaller garage project, and also the adding of a patio and walkway at the front of the house.  The square footage of the two jobs was about the same as the larger garage, but I was able to negotiate the price down by $500.  He's ready to go, but reluctant to start without the permit.  Stay tuned.........


1 comment:

  1. Love the sound of these guys. I have them at my house quite often!! BTW ... my dad would just duck tape a pillow on his tractor seat!!! LOL!! This one is VERY nice!!!

    ReplyDelete