Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

20 MORE TONS



The second 20 ton load of fill dirt arrived yesterday morning, and it took a couple of hours to move, and place the material next to the motor home.  The goal is to create more usable space, and perhaps with another load or two, create enough room for a couple of RV's to park.  As I work toward the steeper part of the mini canyon, the volume of dirt required, is becoming much larger, in order to build the level pad out into the drop off.  A retaining wall would probably be the best bet, but I don't feel like going that route. 

,
Before


 After

I think I'm finally getting close to moving forward with the garage/shop building.  Due to a county limitation that I discovered a couple of days ago, which only allows the square footage of a detached garage to be 70% of the square footage of the house, it looks like I'm limited to about 1400 square feet for the new building.  If that stays true, then the building will be about 30x45, still enough room for most everything that I need to do, except, there won't be room for the motor home.  Plan B is to put up a cover, similar to what we have in Lake Havasu, near where the motor home is now parked.  I'll know more in a few days, which way this is going to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment