Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A TRACTOR & A SURVEY

 The garage to be built, will be located where the tractor is parked.

First, the surveyor arrived, then, a few minutes later, the tractor arrived on the property.  Yesterday morning was a scene where for a couple of hours, my attention was being pulled in two different directions.  When the dust had settled, I had a new to me, 7,000 lb. tractor, and a bunch of stakes around the property with pink ribbons flapping in the breeze.
 


Armed with an exact location of all the property corners, I then took the tape measure, and staked the corners of what will be the new garage/shop building.  I have enough room to build a 40-45 wide, by 50-55 foot long structure, which will accommodate the motor home, all the other vehicles, and leave enough room for a shop area.  The question right now is what type of building will it be?  Originally, I thought it would be a metal building, but now, I'm leaning more toward a traditional stick built, that would more closely match the house.  There are advantages, and disadvantages to both, and I just need to sort through them all, and make a decision.


Later in the day, I did jump on the tractor, and played around a little with the joysticks.  It's going to take awhile, but eventually I'll get the hang of the controls, and be able to move some dirt.  On Thursday, I have the first truckload of fill material scheduled to be dumped on the property, so I have a feeling I'll be a tractor man pretty quickly.


The big surprise with the survey was that the beginning of the driveway is not entirely on our property.  Where the driveway leaves the paved street, about one half of it is on the adjacent lot for the first 50 or so feet.  When I start improvements to the road leading up to the house, that will get corrected.

More cleaning inside the house today, and I'm sure a little tractor 101 time, as I start clearing some of the growth away from the approach to where the new garage will be located.



1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to have the locks changed on the new house.

    Be careful on the road.

    Rex

    ReplyDelete