Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A NEW FAVORITE

One of the disadvantages of moving away from town, and all of the services available within a few miles, is that you have to drive a lot farther to access those resources.  Such is the case with our new home in Vail, AZ, which is a little over 20 miles southeast of downtown Tucson.  The community of Vail has a post office, and a few businesses, but eating establishments are few and far between. 

When Laila hung out with Grandpa, and spent last Saturday night with me in the motor home, she said she liked Quiznos sandwiches, so that was our destination for dinner.  There just happens to be a Quiznos in Vail, and except for a Dairy Queen, it's the only "fast food" business in the area.  When I tried their new Prime Rib sandwich with hollandaise steak sauce, I was immediately hooked.  Around noon yesterday, after doing some digging with the tractor, I had my third prime rib sandwich at Quiznos in as many days, and it seems to be just getting better with each visit.  I'm sure this will run it's course, and my craving for an IN N OUT burger will necessitate a 30 mile round trip, but for now, I have a new favorite, when it comes to "junk food".

Marc stopped by after work, and checked out the new tractor.  When invited over for steak sandwiches that Chandra was preparing for dinner, I topped off the day with an even better culinary delight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment