Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

NEW WATER LINES


When the concrete slab is poured for the new garage, a large section in front of the house will also be concrete.  The new patio will come out about 12 feet, to the left of center, and the walkway to the garage will be to the right side of the house.   Before that all gets covered, I decided to run some new water, and irrigation pipe.  Any excuse to dig with the new toy, right! 


When I did all of the concrete at the Havasu house, I also thought ahead, and put water lines, and electrical conduit in place before the concrete was poured.  When the concrete is down, it's a little late to start thinking about digging trenches.


When the new garage is up, the electrical service will come through this new dig.  Today, I'll lay the electrical conduit in the trench, along with another water line.  So far, the digging has been fairly easy, with only a few large rocks buried in the ground.  For the type of work I've been doing around the house, this tractor/backhoe has been almost perfect.  I'm really glad I didn't get a smaller machine.


The new engineer's drawings were supposed to be FedExed to my contractor before 3pm yesterday, but I didn't get a call that they arrived.  So, I'll be on the phone early this morning, to see what the latest holdup is.  It seems with these construction projects, there's always a fly in the ointment somewhere, but my patience is starting to wear a little thin.  This garage needs to get built, so we can get serious about moving all of our stuff to Tucson!


1 comment: