Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 14, 2012

RESCUED FROM THE TOY ABYSS





With Laila's birthday coming up, and a scheduled family get a way trip, that will fall on her birthday, my plan was to find another gift that could be taken on their trip, and opened on her actual birthday.  When I got to Target, and started roaming through the toy aisles, the same old dilemma that I always face, was once again in front of me.  I can never decide what toy, game, or doll to get my Grand Daughter, and end up being frustrated with my inability to make a decision.  Normally, that's not one of my weak points, but when it comes to picking out something for Laila in the toy category, I always seem to run into the same brick wall.
 

After what seemed like hours in the store, trying to pick out something,  with the same result, I made a quick phone call to Marc......No answer..........swell!  A few more strolls through the toy aisles, dodging shopping carts, and lots of kids screaming that they wanted one of everything, I was about to give up.  Then, the phone rang, and Marc said "did you call"?  I answered with a question, "Do you know of something Laila needs or wants for her birthday"?   Marc was absolutely no help, and I heard him ask Chandra the same question.


Fortunately, Chandra saved the day, and my sanity, when she said that she was at Target not too long ago, and saw a kids carry on bag that would work perfectly for Laila.   While still on the phone with Chandra, I walked over to the luggage area, and there it was, a polka dot covered kids carry on starring me in the face.  Acting like it was the last one in the store, and there were mobs behind me waiting to snatch it away, I quickly secured this non toy, as if it was the most popular toy on earth!


When I stopped to drop off the gift, it was decided to give it to Laila right then, as she would be able to use it on their upcoming trip.  So, my plan to get something for her to open on her birthday kind of went out the window, however, Laila got something useful.  More importantly, I was out of the store, and not destined to roam the toy aisles forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment