Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 28, 2012

BAT GIRL & A BIRTHDAY


In Marc, Chandra, and Laila's neighborhood, the evening for trick or treating was yesterday, a few days before Halloween.  Patty and I arrived in time to get a few pictures of Miss Laila in her Bat costume, before she started searching for the perfect treat.  Her friend Emma had joined the Halloween Party, and we left as scores of costumed kids started arriving at the door.


Earlier in the day, Marc took Patty and I to lunch at Hotrods, a huge new themed restaurant with a NASCAR Sprint Cup Car displayed in the lobby.  It was the day of my birth yesterday, and even though I don't celebrate birthdays anymore, other folks still feel like they have to do, or say something about this particular day.  I guess I shouldn't sound like a whiner, and just be glad that my world is right, and that I have family & friends who care about me.  Thanks to Marc for the lunch, to Chandra for my favorite "snowball cookies", to Laila for my new book - Killing Kennedy, to Mike & Amy for the shirt, and to my wife for putting up with me, for all of these years!

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment