Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 6, 2012

MOVING DIRT



Sunrises in the desert are often more spectacular than the evening sunset.  This is what greeted me yesterday morning.  As far as color goes, this sunrise was an awesome display of mother nature at work.





This is the "before" picture that I published previously, showing a big pile of dirt.

 

This is the "after" picture, when by yesterday afternoon, I had moved the dirt pile over next to the motor home, on the northwest side of the house.


 The picture below was taken after the project was half done. 


When I first started the tractor yesterday, I had a 20 ton pile of dirt sitting on the southeast side of the house, and when I finished, it had all been moved to an area that is adjacent to where the motor home is parked.  The wash next to the motor home drops off rather steeply, and I'm guessing that it's about 50 vertical feet to the bottom.  Operating the tractor next to the edge, and close to the motor home was a lesson in staying focused on the task at hand.  With more material, this area will become a little larger, and be more useful for parking, and access to the back of the house.

This morning, the girls are flying to Hawaii from Sacramento, for their two weeks on the island of Maui.  By the time Patty flies here to Tucson on the 21st, I hope to have something started regarding the garage that needs to be built.  That project has sort of been spinning it's wheels, and needs to get some traction!



No comments:

Post a Comment