Total Pageviews

Friday, October 12, 2012

VIEWS FROM THE ROOF


While up on the roof yesterday, I took a few pics of the area around the house.  With small canyons (washes) on both sides of where the home sits, there is a lot of privacy, with the only neighbor being near where the garage is going to be built. 


Whoever put the deck cover on the back of the house, failed to seal the flashing where it attaches to the roof.  During the first rain, I noticed that water was dripping from the roof edge, down onto the deck.  With a couple tubes of roofing caulk used up, I think I took care of the problem.  The first good rain will tell the story.

Circular driveway at the front of the house.
 

This last shot shows where the garage will be built, and I think I've narrowed it down to where I'm about ready to write the first check.  The dimensions will be 32 feet wide, and 48 feet long, enough room for all of our stuff, with the exception of the motor home.  Due to a limitation of 1,500 square feet, I just wasn't able to incorporate enough space for the RV.  Not too far down the road, I'll build a shade cover where the motor home is now parked, similar to what I did at the house in Lake Havasu. 




No comments:

Post a Comment