Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

A NEW REFRIGERATOR


The Lowe's delivery truck showed up yesterday morning with the new refrigerator, just a few minutes after a big pile of dirt was dumped next to the house.  My plan for the day was to get the new appliance cleaned, and hooked up to the water line, then move the dirt over near the motor home.

Well, the pile of dirt is still there this morning, and the tractor didn't move an inch all day.  The simple task of hooking up the water line behind the refrigerator turned into two trips to the hardware store for the right connectors.   The connection on the appliance is 1/4 inch, and the water line coming out of the floor is 3/8 inch.  Not a big deal if I had taken the time to make a mental note that they are both male connections.  The first trip to the hardware store got me the 3/8 to 1/4 inch reducer, but I ended up with a male to male connection.  No problem, as I returned to the hardware store for a small adapter hose that did the trick.  When everything was hooked up, it didn't even leak, which was probably a first for me. 


The closest hardware store is near where Marc & Chandra live, and it's a 30 minute round trip, so about an hour was added to the project.  By the time I was finished with the refrigerator, and had done a few other things, it was 3pm, and I didn't feel like getting all dusty on the tractor.  With an invite to dinner where Chandra BBQ'd some pork chops, and made a delicious pasta, my day was complete.

Tomorrow, Patty and Nancy are flying to Hawaii, and in two weeks, Patty will be flying into Tucson.  I think we'll both be here in Tucson for a week or so, before returning to Lake Havasu, where there's still lots of packing to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment