Total Pageviews

Monday, November 12, 2012

TV x 2, & A COUNTRY FAIR

 The new second TV.

It seems that most everything I do, or get involved with, is never easy.  At least that's my perception, as I often end up not satisfied with the end result, and find myself doing the task over again.  Or, I end up with a defective product, and have to go through the hassle of sending it back, exchanging it at the store where it was purchased, and in cases where not much expense is involved, simply throwing the junky item in the trash can.

Yesterday morning, I took the Sanyo 50" flat screen back to WalMart where I purchased it a few days ago.  After unpacking the TV, and mounting it on the stand, I discovered that at the very bottom of the glass, the screen was cracked.  Damn!  I had to take the TV back down, repackage it in the huge box, and drive 20 miles back into town for an exchange.  The good news was that WalMart had one left, and by noon, the second new TV was unpacked, and up on it's new stand. 


Over the weekend, Patty and I drove out to the Pima County Fairgrounds for the Vail Country Fair.  This was more of a business, and services display for folks like us who reside in the southeastern area of Tucson.  We picked up some information, I had a burger, and it was a nice way to spend an hour or so at the fairgrounds, where we have on many occasions, parked our motor home during visits to Tucson.

This morning a couple of things are supposed to happen.  Notice I say that with a bit of skepticism.  My handyman/concrete guy is due to arrive about sunup to fix the damaged floor at the front of the house.  The lumber for the garage is set to be delivered, and the framing  is scheduled to start today. 
Stay tuned.............


No comments:

Post a Comment