Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

REACHING THE LIMIT

This post was supposed to be about the finishing touches on the garage.  When I started to load the pictures of the paint being applied, the doors and windows being installed, I got a pop up from Google, stating that I had reached my storage limit of 1 Gig in Picassa.   What the heck is going on?
Further examination showed that after reaching the storage limit for pictures, you have to purchase more space, and that it can take up to 24 hours for the increased storage capacity to be applied.  So, no pictures this morning.

Swell, I love surprises at 5 am, particularly when they are going to be unexpected hits to the bank account.  I guess I shouldn't complain, considering up to this point, that Gmail has been free for all of these years.  The only cost associated with the blog, has been the annual purchase of a book, that I have created from the blog, through blog2print.  Maybe by tomorrow, I'll have more cyber storage space, or whatever they call it, and I'll be able to post some pictures.   By the way, the cost from Google for the increased storage is $2.49 a month.  I think I can afford that.

1 comment:

  1. Not to be cheap, but to avoid the charge from Google, back your photos off to a DVD, verify the DVD is readable or playable by trying it in a different computer and then delete the originals. That will free up space and keep you under the 1 gig limit.

    Be careful on the road,
    Rex

    ReplyDelete