Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 1, 2012

650 MILES - 23 HRS


Day before yesterday, it was about  3:30 PM, when I finished back filling the trench in front of the house.  The 2 half inch water lines, and the 1 inch electrical conduit was now buried under 18-24 inches of dirt.  Patty and I had been talking about the need to start the moving process, always deferring to the fact that there was no garage yet. (more to that story in a minute)  On the spur of the moment, when learning that we still had no building permit for the garage, I decided to make a trip to Havasu, and retrieve some of our stuff.

After a quick shower, at 4:15 I was on the road to Lake Havasu.  Arriving at 9:30 PM, and up at 5:00 AM, yesterday morning, I started loading the truck and the little trailer.  As usual, I neglected to take any pictures when they were full, and took the one picture after Patty and I had unloaded most everything from the truck & trailer.  Just about everything that was boxed up from the kitchen is now here at the Chance Ranch, and a lot of it will find a new home starting today.

The last mention of the garage project was that we were waiting for the new engineered plans to arrive from L.A., and be resubmitted to the county.  The plans were supposed to get her on Monday, but didn't show up until Tuesday.  The county said they had to study the new plans, so the building permit is still down the road somewhere.  If there are no new issues, we might have a permit in the next few days.  At this point, I'll believe it when I can actual see and touch it!


No comments:

Post a Comment