Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 24, 2012

BACK TO WORK


Getting this garage done has been at the top of the list, in terms of things that had to get done, before we can complete the move from Lake Havasu City.  Now that the construction is finished, the next step is to bring the power from about 85 feet away, and do all of the electrical work inside the garage.  Instead of making a trip back to Havasu for more stuff, I think I'm going to check with my neighbor Ray, and see what his schedule looks like in the next few days.  If he's available to start the electrical, it makes more sense for us to get that done before the garage gets cluttered with boxes and lots of other stuff.


So, yesterday, after digesting that great meal that Patty, Chandra, and Claudia prepared for Thanksgiving, I started digging again.  I had already run the electrical conduit from near both ends, but not knowing exactly where the garage was going to be, it wasn't quite finished.  Near the garage, I dug a short trench, ran the conduit to where the ground was tied into the foundation, and stubbed it out below where the electrical panel will be.


On the other end, near the power source, I finished the run up to within a few inches of the meter, which didn't require a lot of digging.  Just a little shovel work, and the electrical pipe is now ready for some wire to be pulled inside. 


At some point in the future, I'll be cleaning up this gas and water jungle, where both lines go into the house.  Probably when I start hooking up the irrigation station, wiring, and valves  will be a good time to start that project.  Right now it's a mess!


No comments:

Post a Comment