Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 14, 2013

DRIVEWAY REHAB & MEXICO


It's kind of a long story that has to do with insurance, prior dental work, and a few other things.  I won't get into all of the details, but suffice it to say, I left Tucson yesterday about noon, driving the motor home to Yuma.  I'll be parked here for a few days, and with any luck,  I'll get my dental situation squared away.  When we leave for Alaska in a few weeks, I don't want to deal with any teeth problems, so it's kind of now, or never before the window gets closed for 5 months.


On another front, I signed an agreement to have our driveway improved, and moved entirely onto our property.  When I had the survey done several months ago, I discovered that the first 75 feet of our driveway is half on the adjacent property.  When these lots were improved, and sold, our particular driveway easement was incorrectly located.  It's difficult to see in the above picture, but there's a small pink ribbon next to a survey marker, and it sits right in the middle of the driveway.  That's the property line!  To the right of the ribbon is the next door neighbors property. 


The contractor is going to bring in approx. 200 tons of fill, and move the driveway about 12 feet to the left.  Then, he's going to grade the first 300 feet, and surface it with recycled asphalt.  I never thought I'd become a "greenie" when I improved the entrance to our property.  That's all going to happen during the first week in April.  When I discovered the property line issue, I've never been comfortable with the situation, and I'll be glad when it's fixed.

The first 300' of driveway will be asphalt surfaced up to the tree on the left, where I'm going to install a gate.


Still lots of dirt work to do around the front of the house, which will be done by me, and Mr. Kubota.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dan, Our plan is also to go to Alaska this summer. We will be taking our fifth wheel. Are you also taking your RV? If so, hope to meet up with you sometime.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ol Mr. Kubota!!!
    Sure beats a shovel and wheelbarrow!!
    David

    ReplyDelete