Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 16, 2013

BORDER CROSSING

 When I arrived for my 2nd appointment, Dr. Rafael Santos was waiting for me.


Even though there are signs stating that photography of any port of entry is not legal, I snapped these two pictures of the U.S. side, as I headed for the parking lot.  This was my second crossing from Mexico in two consecutive days, back into the U.S. and the wait in line was again about 45 minutes.  Once I moved up to where you present you passport, the reason for the very slow moving line was obvious. 


Several years ago, these long waits in line were pretty routine, as the facility was in a modular trailer, and could only accommodate 2 border enforcement agents.  It was about 3 years ago, several million dollars was spent to update the facility, among other things, adding 2 more check stations.  With 4 agents checking folks through, the line moved quickly, and waiting times were reasonable.

When it was my turn to present my passport, I asked the lady agent why only two of the four check stations were being used.  Her answer was brief, and sarcastic.  She said the Department of Homeland Security had cut their budget, and this was one of the results.  I was tempted to reply in a similar, confrontational manner, but resisted, thinking that an argument with this person wasn't going to accomplish a darn thing.  However, I couldn't help but wonder, how our federal bureaucrats can justify sending billions of dollars overseas, to fund stupid things like teaching Moroccans how to build pottery, yet they cut back on personnel at border crossings, and release thousands of illegal aliens because they say they don't have any money.  What the hell is wrong with this picture?


Yea, I was hot, but it was even hotter in the motor home.   When I got back to the RV from my second dental visit, the temperatures inside, and outside the motor home were both 95 degrees.  It didn't take too long to cool down the inside, when I turned on both A/C units.  This morning, I have two service's coming here to the motor home.  I'm getting it washed and waxed, and I'm getting the generator serviced.  Great spaghetti last night, thanks babe.

1 comment:

  1. Well I have to agree with your statement about I couldn't help but wonder, how our federal bureaucrats can justify sending billions of dollars overseas, to fund stupid things.....yet they cut back on personnel at border crossings, and release thousands of illegal aliens because they say they don't have any money. What the hell is wrong with this picture?

    I am sorry to say tis but we need to take our country back.

    ReplyDelete