Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 2, 2013

33 YEARS AGO


It was 33 years ago yesterday, that Patty and I became a married couple, and our journey together began.  We both were divorced, single parents, living in Los Banos, CA.  My two boys, Mike & Marc were ages 12 & 10, and Patty's son David was 11.  On March 1, 1980, we combined our two families into one, and last night, we celebrated that anniversary with Chandra, Marc, and Laila.

Marc called me early in the day, and invited us to go out with them for an anniversary dinner.  He wouldn't tell me where, just saying that it was a different kind of restaurant.  We drove over to their house, and then went into Tucson to a place called Mays Counter.  Their specialty is chicken & waffles, and their menu was indeed a bit different than most dining places.  Marc & Chandra each ordered a bloody mary, and when I saw the strip of bacon inside, it almost made me want to start drinking again.  They both said that the drinks were the best bloody mary's ever!.  I should have just ordered one without the vodka....duh!   We all ordered different selections, and everything was good, and plentiful.  We'll definitely go back to this place, and thanks Marc & Chandra for remembering our anniversary, and for the dinner.

 Note the bacon strips in the drinks.


Earlier in the day, I finished insulating, and sheeting the walls of my storage room.  All that's left to do is some trim pieces, and  a vinyl floor.  The storage racks that I ordered from Amazon showed up yesterday, so I'll soon be moving stuff into the room.  One of the neat little gizmos that I picked up online, is a plug thermostat pictured below.  With this little device, you can turn on your a/c, or heater, and the thermostat will regulate the temperature at where ever you set it.  Rather than leave my little wall a/c unit running 24/7, I can set it on high cool, and the plug thermostat will turn in on when the temperature climbs, and turn it off when the room cools down.  When we're traveling and away from home,, I won't have to worry about the a/c running constantly.


 The walls are done, with 5/8" plywood on the outside of the two interior walls, 1/2" plywood on the four interior walls, with R-19 insulation all the way around, and in the ceiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment