Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 3, 2013

A NEW FLOOR


The first part of the day was a trip into town for new Jeep tires, and lots of groceries.  By the time we got back home, it was early afternoon, and I started the floor project in the storage room.  Nothing fancy, but definitely an improvement over bare concrete.  I thought about doing ceramic floor tiles, but that would have been overkill for a room that I'm not even going to paint.  I picked up some vinyl floor tiles on the last trip to Lowes, and by late afternoon, the floor was covered.


These self stick, square foot tiles are easy to put down, and even easier to cut.  By the time I got to the last floor tile, there was less than a square foot left to cover.  I wasn't sure if two boxes was going to be enough, but it worked out perfectly.


When I finished the tiles, I started assembling the storage racks, and had 3 of them completed by the time I quit for the day.  This room within a room is about 99% complete, and it's just about time to move on to the next project.


The kids are coming out for breakfast this morning, then Marc and I are going to rotate the tires on his truck.  When we're finished with that, we're headed over to the fairgrounds for a gun show.  It started yesterday, so there shouldn't be any long lines to gain entrance.  At the last fairgrounds gun show, I arrived on opening day, and when I saw the huge lines to get in, I made a u-turn, and came back home.



3 comments:

  1. On the door frame going into your store room, check the hole for the dead bolt. It should be 1" deep. Most new frames are not, and thus your dead bolt can be opened with a pocket knife. It would be a good idea to check the ones on your house too.

    Be careful on the road

    Rex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and I noticed some useful tips about best car radiators from this post.

    Toyota Replacement Radiators & Volkswagen Replacement Radiators

    ReplyDelete