Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 24, 2013

TWO MORE PANELS


Each metal fence panel is 8 feet long, and 33 inches high.  The metal posts are 36 inches high, with 4 holes on a base plate.  Drilling the four holes into the concrete to support each post is the tough part of putting this fence up.  Sometimes the masonry bit goes the 3 inches into the concrete like a hot knife through butter, and sometimes when it has to go through rocks in the concrete, well, it takes awhile. 


I put up two more panels yesterday, making a total of five so far.  That's about 40' of a total 70+ feet, so I'm over half way there.  After we take Laila to school, I'll pick up two more panels, posts, and brackets from Lowes, which will finish the high part of the wall.  A total of 4 more panels, and the wall fence will be done.

By the time we pick Laila up from school, and get back to the ranch, it's a little after 3pm, and depending on how much homework (yep, she has homework every day), the routine is pretty much the same.  Yesterday, after Grandma washed Laila's hair, and after dinner, they decided to make some pudding.  The pics show Laila mixing the liquid with a hand mixer that I just had to have while watching a demo in Quartzsite earlier this year.  Since the way too expensive purchase of this gizmo, the must have tool has been sitting in the drawer, but at least it got a workout yesterday. 




If anybody is looking for a good dual sport bike, my 08 Kawasaki KLR 650 is for sale.  I'm pretty sure that my off road riding days are done, and it's time to get rid of one of the dust gatherers. I said this once before, when I sold the Honda 650 XRL, but I think this time, it's for real.  It's listed on the Tucson Craigs List for $3,900, with only 3,300 miles.


1 comment:

  1. The centre is now fighting to save the young fox’s tail, of which two-thirds is left, but if he does not stop biting it he will have to have it amputated. fencing options

    ReplyDelete