Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 19, 2013

96 TONS OF DIRT


The first of four, twenty four ton truckloads of dirt arrived at 8am yesterday.  That's 192,000 pounds of material that eventually found itself against the "Great Wall".   The first picture shows a 24 ton pile before I started moving it into the fill area.


I used some of the material along the driveway, but most of it was needed to fill in the area in front of the wall.  By mid afternoon, the last two truckloads had been dumped, and it was all moved and leveled by about 4pm.  The tractor got a workout yesterday!

 


With the dirt fill in place, there's not much else I can do in this area until I get the county's blessing with a building permit.   I'm still waiting for the last two absentee property owners to hopefully sign the declarations that I sent them, but nothing came in the mail yesterday.  One lives in Oklahoma, and the other is local.  If I get those last two signatures, I'll go back to the county, pay them $263,  and they'll send a notice to the Union Pacific RR.  If, after the notice(s) go out, the adjacent property owners will have 15 days to object in writing.  If there are no objections, I'll be able to pay the county more money for a building permit, but it'll probably be into December, before the structure goes up.  Don't you just love red tape and bureaucracy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment