Total Pageviews

Friday, October 4, 2013

THE GREAT WALL - DAY 5


By late morning, I finished off the latest pallet of block, and headed off to Lowes for another load.  A full pallet of 90 blocks weighs about 3,300 pounds, and even though I did make one trip with 90, blocks, that's really pushing the limits of my little trailer.  I feel a little more comfortable with a maximum of 75, so that's what I picked up yesterday.

 

Now that most of the digging and leveling is done, the wall is going up fairly quickly.  Moving the block from the trailer to the tractor, from the tractor to the site, and then stacking it on top of the wall is pretty routine.  By mid afternoon, I again was out of block. 


Except for getting another pallet this morning, today is a day off.  Our Grand Daughter Laila is having her 8th birthday party this afternoon.  Her birthday isn't until later in the month, but because the family is flying to Maui for a two week vacation in a few days, the party will be a little early.

One more row will bring the wall up to the height of the future RV shade cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment