Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 26, 2014

QUARTZSITE, AZ TO TUCSON, AZ


A spectacular sunrise greeted us yesterday, as we got ready to hit the road from our desert parking spot south of Quartzsite.  When we were ready to go, we said goodbye to our pal Nancy, who had been with us for the past 3 weeks.  This trip had been kind of a whirlwind, starting with the RV rally in Indio, a week in Yuma, and ending with several days of flea marketing in Quartzsite.

The drive home on I10 was about 240 miles, getting us home in the early afternoon.  Since it was a weekend, with relatively light traffic, I decided to change the scenery a little, and drove through Phoenix, instead of taking the usual bypass of Hwy 85 & I8.  The last time I did that, I got caught up in a traffic jam near downtown Phoenix due to construction, but it was clear sailing this time. 

When we listened to multiple phone messages at home, one was from the metal building contractor, and surprise, surprise, they won't be here today.  The voice message said that they had rescheduled for this Tuesday, but that couldn't be confirmed until they called again tomorrow.  So, we left Quartzsite a day or two early, in order to get home for "TODAYS" delivery, which isn't going to happen.  They have our cell phone numbers, and knew we were away from the house, but rather than calling on one of those numbers, instead, left a message on the home phone.  I don't think I would want to be on the other end of the phone line when this conversation about delayed delivery takes place tomorrow! 

A hot air balloon rises over Quartzsite, as we drove into town yesterday, on a cloudy morning.

2 comments:

  1. I might tell them to refund my money and find someone else.

    Please be careful on the road.
    Rex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I love your blog! We are also Patty and Dan and I took a picture of the same balloon. We are camped in La Posa north until we head to Vegas so Dan can work at the speedway for the NASCAR race in March. Travel safe! :-)

    ReplyDelete