Total Pageviews

Monday, January 20, 2014

LIFE GOES ON

Yesterday was all about the football conference championship games.  I accomplished nothing all day, not even venturing outside the motor home, not even once!  I didn't really care who won the first game, only being curious who would match up with "my team" in the Superbowl.  When Denver came away from the first game with a victory over New Englend, I thought OK, this will be a good opponent for "my team".

I'm not as much of a football fan as I used to be, but "my team" has always been the S.F. 49ers.  Back when Joe Montana was their quarterback, throwing touchdown passes to Jerry Rice, the 49ers were on my radar every Sunday.  When the dust had settled yesterday, "my team", had lost a squeaker to the Seahawks, and Superbowl Sunday in two weeks won't be quite the same.  Just because Seattle beat "my team", I think I'll be rooting for the Denver Broncos to kick their butt at the Superbowl.

Today is our last here in Yuma, as we head north tomorrow for Quartzsite.  It's only about 80 miles, so we won't be in a big hurry to get going in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment