Total Pageviews

Monday, November 25, 2013

PRE-THANKSGIVING SHOPPING

The kitty must have a need for speed.  This is one of her favorite morning spots.

I was reminded yesterday, why a trip to Costco on Sunday, 4 days before Thanksgiving, is not a good idea.  When we first pulled into the gas station, I could see that the parking lot was full, and if I had any sense, I would have filled up the truck, then drove straight back home.  But no, I found a parking space in the north 40, and like a herd of cattle, joined in the stampede to find all of the goodies for the special dinner coming up on the 28th.  The one piece of good news is that regular gas is still under 3 bucks a gallon.

   

After a very short period of time, I told Patty "let's get outa here".  Trying to navigate around the hoards of people, particularly those that seem to think sampling the latest and greatest cracker, taquito, or meatball,  exempts them from completely blocking the aisle way.  There were a couple of times when I felt like converting my shopping cart into a battering ram, just to continue being part of the stampede.  When the checkout clerk asked if I had found everything, my reply was "yep, and a whole bunch of people". 

When one of our smoke detectors started chirping every minute, two nights ago at 12:30am, I discovered that we didn't have any 9 volt batteries.  That was the purpose of the Costco run, but in hindsight, a quick trip to Walgreen's would have been the much better choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment