Total Pageviews

Monday, November 18, 2013

A SUNDAY PERFORMANCE & PATTY RETURNS FROM COSTA RICA

 Chandra & Laila after breakfast.

The school that our Grand Daughter Laila attends, is a private, christian school, and it's on the same campus as a large Church in Tucson.  This is a small school, serving kindergarten thru the 6th grade.  Once a year, the entire school (approx. 60 kids) sings a song during a Sunday service in the church, and yesterday was that day.  Earlier in the week, Laila called to invite me to watch her sing with her classmates, and that breakfast would be served after the song.  It was fun watching the kids perform their song, even though my camera didn't perform when I tried to zoom in on Laila.  Marc emailed me the below photo, which shows Laila in the middle of the front row.



When we finished breakfast, I gave Marc a ride home, while Chandra & Laila stayed at the church for Laila's  second performance at the 11am service.  For the rest of the day, I did a few things around the house, then gave my truck a good cleaning, inside and out.  By the time I had finished with the truck, it was time to head to the airport, and pick up Patty who was on a 5pm flight from Fresno, CA.

It was good to be reunited with my wife, who had lots of stories to share about her trip to Costa Rica.  Despite a rocky start to the trip, where most of the group missed the first flight out of San Francisco due to poor travel agency scheduling, and the fact that she and Nancy ended up on a much later (red eye) flight to Miami, they eventually arrived in Costa Rica about a day later than planned.  When they had caught up on some much deserved sleep, they rest of the trip was a true adventure.  Not everything went as planned, but she rolled with the punches, and enjoyed the trip, particularly all of the tropical flora and fauna that is part of this Central American Country. 

This morning, I'm headed to the county building in downtown Tucson, hopefully to obtain a building permit for the RV shade cover.  Armed with all of the paperwork that I was told I need, including the county modification of setback approval letter that delayed the project a month, and the engineered drawings for the building, what could go wrong?






1 comment: