Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

IT'S SOLID

 This has now become a morning routine!


A full pallet of 60 pound concrete mix bags put the little trailer to the test yesterday morning, carrying over 3,000 pounds.  By the time I had mixed over 40 bags, the wall was filled with concrete, and this phase of the tractor port was finished.   With the stud brackets fixed in the concrete on top of the wall, the next step will be building the wooden support structure, that will hold the roof extension.  That will probably be on hold for awhile, as I'm about to shift back to the RV shade cover concrete footings. 

I'm about 1 week into the 15 day period, where the county has notified the Union Pacific RR, giving them the opportunity to object to my shade cover.  Stranger things have happened, but this  notice to the RR should be nothing more than a formality.  I've been reluctant to put any more site preparation work  into the shade cover, until I know I can get a building permit.  In a week or so, I should have the permit, then I'll  have to scramble, and get the 12 inch by 12 inch by 48 foot concrete footings framed and filled with concrete.  According to the metal building company, they're going to be ready to put up the structure in about 2 weeks.  I have a feeling that things are going to start moving real fast, real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment