Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 10, 2013

FIRST FOOTING & PIZZA


The first of the two foundation/footings for the metal building was the objective yesterday.  I started digging the trench closest to the house with the backhoe, and finished it with some good old fashioned labor at the end of a shovel.  When I had the small ditch pretty close to level, I started framing the 12"x12"x48' footing for the concrete pour, which will hopefully happen in a week or two.


Between the noise of the tractor, and my IPOD stuffed in both ears, plus the fact that my hearing isn't the greatest, recognizing the cell phone ring in my pocket was truly a miracle.  But, somehow I did hear it, and answered a call from Marc, as I was getting close to finishing for the day.  He wanted to take Chandra out for a nice dinner, and wanted to know if Laila could spend the night.  Of course, the answer was yes, with the stipulation that pizza was on the dinner menu.  A good pizza was long overdue, and with the physical exercise exerted earlier in the day, it was easy to rationalize a less than healthy meal.   A new pizza restaurant had just opened in Vail, and it was the choice for dinner.  Laila and I drove into town, picked up our Italian pies, and by the time we were finished, decided that it was pretty good.  A little TV with my Grand Daughter snuggled at my side, was the end of a pretty darn good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment