Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 3, 2013

A NEW FRIEND


Finishing the concrete footing, and the first row of block was my goal yesterday morning.  Another 22 bags of concrete, and I was done by 1pm.  With the rebar horizontally in the footing/foundation, and vertical rebar sticking up through each block, it's probably overkill as far as reinforcement is concerned.  By the time I fill this small wall with concrete, it will serve as a very stable base for the wooden structure that will be attached.


Marc & Laila came out while I was still mixing concrete, and picked up the trailer to haul some yard waste to the dump.  While Marc and I were outside, Laila found Holly/Snoopy in the house, and made instant friends with her.  It's still a work in progress for me to gain the kitty's trust, but Laila seemed to get over that hurdle very quickly.

After I finished the days work on the wall, I cleaned up, and drove over to the kids house, helping Marc move our old big screen TV downstairs.  When we moved here a year ago, Laila inherited the 10 year old monster TV, and it lasted a few more months before finally calling it quits.  When we had muscled the thing down the stairs, it went outside and into the the trailer for one last journey to the happy hunting grounds for old TV's.


This morning, I'm picking up Marc at 7:30, and we're headed for the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Races in Phoenix.  We had a little rain last night, but the weather looks just about perfect for the races today.

I got a call from Patty last night, as she and Nancy are just about to start their adventure to Costa Rica.  I have a feeling that by the time she gets back in a couple of weeks, me and the little kitty will be best buddies.  I can't keep her out of my lap this morning as I'm trying to type this post.  Have fun girls!

1 comment: