Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 11, 2011

WHAT A VIEW

Today is my Friday, and it's kind of a goofy workday, in that I do 3 lunch reliefs, and a 4 hour Village Route. This is the one day that I start work in the morning (8:25), all other days it's around noon. The good news is that on one of my days off, I'm looking forward to taking the same scenic flight over the canyon that Patty did a few days ago.

Yesterday was a Hermits Rest day, and this picture is illustrative of the scenery that I'm compelled to look at all day. I snapped this one while waiting for my departure time to arrive at Powell Point. The Hermits Rest Route (Red Route) is by far, the most scenic of the 4 bus routes. Fortunately, I have this route 2 days a week, and the views of the canyon never get old. Granted, we're only approaching our one month date here at the Grand Canyon, but it's hard to think that this incredible scenery will ever get old. In a way, it kind of reminds me of our 4 summers in Skagway, Alaska. The magnificent setting of mountains, glaciers, and ocean never got old, and it was almost inspirational when I would wake up to such beautiful surroundings.
The beauty here is much different, but it's so incredible, it's in the same category as Skagway.

Not a lot of time this morning, due to the early work call. Patty's work start times change from early morning to early afternoon, so it's a good thing we're flexible, and this summer of punching the time clock is only a little over 3 months long. Despite all of the positives, it will be good to get back to being retired in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment