Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A CROWN & A SEARCH FOR SHARPS

A quick trip to the Dentist in Flagstaff was on the schedule yesterday. A few days ago, a gold crown on one of my back teeth came loose, and while chewing on a piece of gum, it was suddenly floating in my mouth. I was going to try and glue it back on myself, but decided that a dentist would be able to do a much better, and more permanent job.

Since I arrived for my appointment a little early, I borrowed the Dentist's phone book in an attempt to track down some Sharps non-alcoholic beer, which is getting harder and harder to find. My first call was to the Miller Distributor who would know which retail store carried the product. Not surprisingly, the distributor stated that no one had Sharps, because they were the only Miller Dealer in the county, and they didn't carry it any more. Oh No! With my supply from Bashas Supermarket in Lake Havasu dwindling, what was I to do?

On a long shot hunch that perhaps a grocery store in Sedona (different county) might carry Sharps, I made a call to the Bashas store, and connected with the beverage manager. Totally in shock, when he said "yes, we carry it", I immediately asked if he could order an extra supply for me to pick up next week. He said it would be here waiting for me when I arrived.

With that task completed, and my tooth back to normal, I picked up a few things at the store not available here at the Grand Canyon, and hit the trail back to the motor home. This morning, it's back to work for 5 days, then another road trip next week down to Sedona. I almost feel like a drug addict, having to search high and low for a supplier of my fake beer. I think the handwriting is on the wall. At some future point, I think Sharps will cease to exist, and I'll be forced to consider some alternative like O'Douls............YUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment