Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

RV PARTS

Northern Indiana, more specifically the Elkhart area, has been considered the RV capitol for a long time. At one time, the vast majority of towable, and motorized RV's were manufactured in this area. That's probably still the case, but, several large companies like Monaco, have shut the doors for good in Elkhart. Monaco is re-emerging from Chapter 11 in Oregon, but as of this date, has no plans to re-open in Indiana. Yesterday, while Patty did the laundry, I drove down the street to one of my favorite stores - RV Surplus & Salvage. If you are building an RV, this is the place you want to patronize. The business is housed in a huge warehouse, that has almost every part imaginable for an RV. I just like to browse through the multiple rows of parts, and I usually find something that I pick up as a spare, or something that will improve what I already have. Yesterday, it was mostly fasteners that I added to my collection. Even though it's a lot of added weight, I carry enough tools and parts, to fix just about anything that might need fixing.
This morning, the sun is shining brightly, and our appointment is at 8:30. While the motor home is in the shop, I think we'll take a short ride over to the Amish community at Shipshiwana, where there is a huge flea market, and some specialty stores that you won't see anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment