Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 11, 2009

THE BLACK HILLS

We arrived at the 3 Flags RV Park, about 5 miles west of Rapid City, in the early afternoon yesterday. The east bound drive on I90, was like a jog down memory lane, especially when passing thru the little town of Sturgis. For 9 years straight, (1985 - 1993), Sturgis, S.D. was my home for about a week in early August, during the Black Hills Motorcycle Classic. We are about 3 weeks ahead of the rally this year, but I'm sure we'll see some activity, as preparation is made for the upcoming arrival of several hundred thousand motorcyclists.
After we got situated here in the RV Park, Patty caught up on the laundry, while I read my first USA Today in about a week. When I took Sami for a walk, I soon discovered that this park, which is situated in the rolling hills, is full of little critters that have big ears, and white rear ends.
When she saw the first one run away from us, everyone in the park instantly knew that there was a beagle on the premises. The howls & barks usually continue well after the rabbit is out of sight, because she still smells the scent. Each walk here, will be an adventure.
There is some thunder storm activity in the area this morning, so, not sure what direction we will go. There are several attractions in the area, that I want to check out, that I never did when here on the bike.
As we venture farther east, and change time zones, it will appear that my posting times are earlier in the morning. The blog will stay on Arizona (Mountain Standard) time, so, if we are in the Eastern time zone, and the post says 4 am, it really means that I posted at 7 am. Didn't want anyone to think that I was an insomniac.

No comments:

Post a Comment