Total Pageviews

Monday, July 27, 2009

MOVIN ON

We spent a good part of yesterday, getting ready to hit the road today. I washed the jeep, (it rained a little later), Patty did some laundry, I gave Sami the dreaded bath, and I watched a pretty good NASCAR Brickyard 400. Since the NHRA race from Sonoma didn't start till 9:30 pm, I recorded it, and today, my big challenge is not to learn who won, so I can watch it tonight. It sure is nice to skip through all of the commercials. We have a reservation at an RV park near Niagara Falls, and our drive should be about a couple hundred miles. From this point on, all of the north east is new territory for Patty and I. We have traveled most everywhere else in the U.S., but not the New England states, nor the Canadian Maritime Provinces.
We had a pretty good thunder storm last night about bedtime, and our fearless, non-lap Beagle, suddenly began looking for a lap. When I went to bed, somehow, she ended up beside me, as the thunder and lightning continued. This morning, it's partly cloudy, and hopefully, our drive won't be in the rain.
I'm only going to take a half step up on my soapbox, when I say that I'm really beginning to worry about how our government is spending us into bankruptcy. With so many existing programs like Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid that are running out of money, why in the world are they continuing to print and spend money on new programs, like there's no tomorrow. I believe there is a need for health care reform, but the proposals that are being rushed through Congress, will create a new set of problems, not to mention adding billions to the already bloated federal deficit. My son Mike, sent me this link..............
http://www.freeourhealthcarenow.com which is an online petition to try and stop some of this madness. Not that it will do much good, but I felt a little better when I added our names to the hundreds of thousands who have already signed on. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment